The Grue-Crew are joined by director Andy Mitton who, along with co-director Jesse Holland, directed the supernatural thriller WE GO ON. The film is the followup to their hit film YELLOWBRICKROAD and features the tale of Miles Grissom searching for the answer to the burning question: Is there life after death? Andy shares how the film grew from page to screen, the joys of working with amazing talent such as Annette O’Toole and John Glover and the challenges of working with friends Clark Freeman and family Laura Heisler.
After the interview, the Grue-Crew dive into the latest horror anthology film to hit the big screen (in limited theaters) SOUTHBOUND, from the teams behind the V/H/S series. The movie features five short tales of interconnected Twilight Zone inspired chills and thrills with titles such as The Way Out, Siren, The Accident, Jailbreak and The Way In.
Dave launches the HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK segment with information about the new anthology novel Horror of the Living Dead from George Romero, John Russo and others and a slew of new Blu-ray releases from Scream Factory including SSSSSSS and Jeepers Creepers. In addition, the Grue-Crew are saddened by the passing of the king of character actors, George Kennedy. R.I.P., sir.
Co-hosts Doc Rotten, Santos (The Black Saint) Ellin Jr., Dave Dreher, Thomas Mariani and Vixen, the voice of reason, are back again this week to give you the best in horror as they recap, review and obliterate all that is horror this week! Oh, and don’t forget – Stump the Saint! (Brought to you by Horror Pack)
- Interview: Andy Mitton, d. We Go On (2016)
- Featured Review: Southbound (2016)
- d. Roxanne Benjamin,David Bruckner,Patrick Horvath,Radio Silence
- c. Chad Villella as Mitch, Matt Bettinelli-Olpin as Jack, Fabianne Therese as Sadie, Hannah Marks as Ava, Nathalie Love as Kim, Kate Beahan as Cait, Susan Burke as Betty, Tyler Tuione as Warren, Gerald Downey as Daryl, Larry Fessenden as The D.J, Dana Gould as Raymond Kensington, Hassie Harrison as Jem, Davey Johnson as Dale, Tipper Newton as Jesse, Maria Olsen as Sandy, Kristina Pesic as Sutter, Matt Peters as Al
- The Black Saint (3 / 5)
- Thomas Mariani (3 / 5)
- Doc Rotten (4 / 5)
- Support HNR: Patreon & Horror T-Shirts
- Horror News of the Week: 02/29/2016
- George Kennedy passes at the age of 91
- Scream Factory unleashes SSSSSSS, The Crush, Raising Cain and Jeepers Creepers I & II
- George Romero and John Russo contribute to the new anthology novel Horror of the Living Dead
- Stump the Saint: w/ prizes supplied Horror Pack
Los Angeles, CA – The chilling WE GO ON, the second feature film from YELLOWBRICKROAD creators Jesse Holland and Andy Mitton, will have its World Premiere at the Cinequest Film Festival in San Jose, California on Saturday March 5th at 9:30pm. Additional screenings are on Sunday, March 6th at 1:30pm, and Saturday, March 12 at midnight.
Official Cinequest Trailer for WE GO ON